refractive irradiance splotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refractive irradiance splotches

I have another issue with irradiance spots and overbright areas. I have a material which is a clear plastic sort of material. at one frame in the animation I get a really bright splot area. Ive tested this frame and the problem seems to go away if i change the refractive index from 1.4 to 1.0 im assuming this is because the rays are bending so the sampling area is spread out over a larger area thus producing some abnormal results. is there a way to fix this?

I notice max users have an interpolation setting in their vray material which we dont have for maya. but theoretically i think this could help?

any ideas.

http://www.paraportable.net/files/FridgeCompare.jpg

Can you please send a scene to: vraymaya@chaosgroup.com
    Best regards,
    Zdravko Keremidchiev
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

just emailed you the info

Comment

These are simply GI caustics. If you do not want them, set the "Affect shadows" option for the water material (in which case simple transparent shadows will be used), or enable photon mapped caustics (if you do not need the actual caustics, set the number of caustic photons for the light to 0).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok. yes we are re-reading all our vray knowledge some of the terminology is a bit hard to translate from MR. what i see looks like a flickering frame that only occurs on one frame but the adjacent frame is fine. if this was a caustic I would expect it to be consistent. as you suggest I can try to turn that option on for the material and see if that helps. what we are looking into now is setting the LC method to use a worldspace method which seems to help reduce our flickering in this case. not perfect yet. still got a long way to go to get everything looking great though.

thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X