No announcement yet.

vRay Fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't mean to hog this thread, but while we're on the subject. is there a way to connect a Wind node from Nucleus to VrayFur? if not, can we add it to the wish-list? i found another thread in the max section about this from 2007, and they seemed keen on it too...
    /Bard
    www.hellobard.com
    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

OK. did a re-install & it works fine.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Hi,

Is there any way to drive vRay fur using maya hair or is there another method to make it dynamic?

It doesn't how up in the maya fur drop-down (understandably) and I assume not, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

Liam
        Broadcast Designer/VFX Artist at Mainframe

Comment

No, for the time being there is no way to make it dynamic in this way. It would have been possible if we had some access to the Maya fur data, but this is not the case, unfortunately.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, are there plans to further develop the vray fur and make it more usable in the future , adding things like grooming & dynamics etc?
            Because its really good quality & very fast compared to other fur ive used, would be great to have a bit more control.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

It is certainly something that we can look into, at the very least

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cool. I'm sure that will be a popular feature if you do develop further.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X