Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happens Duing "Updating frame at time n"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens Duing "Updating frame at time n"?

Working on a scene here with maybe 30 - 40m polygons (before displacement etc) and approx 250 4k texture maps, the geo translation naturally takes a while...but what exactly is the "updating frame at time 80.00" portion of the render prep doing?

My timeline is already at frame 80 and no motion blur present in the scene at all. The updating frame portion takes as long as, if not longer than the geo export that is run at the start of the render.

Just curious what this is and what's happening behind the scenes with this message.

Thanks.

I'd love to know this as well.

Comment

During this stage V-Ray obtains the geometry information for the meshes in the scene (number and position of vertices; face information etc) for the particlar frame. If you have a scene where this is very slow, it would be very useful if you can send it to us so that we can see what can be improved.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Unfortunately it's for feature film, so I'm naturally unable to upload any files we're working on.

It's not unbearably slow really I suppose (few minutes to update time), I just wondered what's going on under the hood during all this run up stuff.
        1) Saves .vscene
        2) Updates time at frame X
        3) Builds static raycast accelerator
        4) Finally begins prepass 1 of 1

Comment

Working...
        X