No announcement yet.

vray standalone flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this would only effect the client machine and not the number of threads used on the slaves?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chuckie7413 View Post
      So this would only effect the client machine and not the number of threads used on the slaves?
      Yes - it only affects the client machine.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great. Thanks Vlado.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckie7413

When using the -frames option, is there a way to stop it from outputing a frame padding when it writes the file?
          Originally posted by Zdravko View Post
          For now this won't be possible, but we make a note about it.
          Thank you for your feedback.
          Hi,

Has there been any update on this?

When rendering a single frame (not part of an animation) via standalone it always adds the frame number with 4 padding to the render file name and is very annoying. Can we stop it from doing this? Again in maya and the render settings it is set to a single frame. No animation settings have been set up.

We are using Build from Apr 28 2011.

We are using Deadline to submit our renders but have tested this via the command line and vray still automatically adds the frame padding when writting the file out.

It looks like maya is still passing out animation settings info in the settings.

Code:
           anim_frame_padding=4;
            anim_renumber_on=0;
            anim_renumber_start=0;
            anim_renumber_step=1;
            anim_ren_frame_start=0;
          If I comment this out. The file will get written correctly. EDIT! - This does not actually fix it. I realised I was rendering via command line without the "-frames" flag. If I enable the frames flag it still renders out with the frame padding even though I commented the info out in the vrscene fil

So can we get vray to respect the settings in maya when translating the vray options?

Many thanks,

Richard
          Last edited by chuckie7413; 09-01-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

For the moment the standalone will always add the frame number if you specify the -frame option. I can add another options, -noFrameNumbers which will respect what is written in the .vrscene file.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Last edited by vlado; 09-01-2012, 09:04 AM.
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              I can add another options, -noFrameNumber which will respect what is written in the .vrscene file.
              Yeah an option like that would be perfect.

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X