matte surface and imagePlane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matte surface and imagePlane

From what I can tell, a camera imagePlane is not used as a background when rendering matte surface objects. If there is no global override, the camera background color is used, but not the imagePlane.

I think I have found a way to work around this apparent limitation using a file texture and a projection which is set to "perspective" and linked to the camera and also connected to the camera background color. It seems to work, but I thought I'd post the idea here and see if anyone has a different solution.

David

It works fine here. Can you attach a simple scene with that issue?
    Which V-Ray for Maya version is that?
    Best regards,
    Zdravko Keremidchiev
    Technical Support Representative

Comment

Ah, sorry. In my first post I left out some vital information, underlined here...

I should have said "a camera imagePlane is not used as a background when rendering matte surface objects that are seen through a refractive vrayMtl". Actually the image plane is not seen either (through the refraction).

I'm getting the same result in the original v2 release as well as the nightlies. I can post a scene if you want, but really its just a camera with an image plane, and a sphere with refractive vrayMtl to look through, and a plane behind it, set up as a matte surface with a vrayObjectProperties node.

David

Comment

Did you enable Visible In Reflections and Visible In Refractions options of the image plane?
        Last edited by Zdravko; 24-08-2011, 10:35 PM.
        Best regards,
        Zdravko Keremidchiev
        Technical Support Representative

Comment

Ha! I cant believe that's all it was. Thanks for taking the time to point this out for me. I'd been mainly focusing on the matte surface objects and did not ever think of looking at the imageplane attributes (even though that should have been an obvious thing to check).

David

Comment

Working...
          X