Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

add subdivision and displacement control for multiple selected objects at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add subdivision and displacement control for multiple selected objects at once?

Hi,

Is it possible to add VRay attributes (available at the shape node of a geometry under attributes > VRay > .....) like the subdivision, displacement quality, displacement control, etc. for multiple selected objects at once? I don't want to hit "3" to turn all objects in the scene into sub-d surfaces and control the displacement quality globally via the Render Setting menu, but just control the displacement of certain objects (still quite a lot) in the scene.

Also, if in default setting, is it more efficient and less memory consumption to render geometries as smoothed surfaces via adding subdivision and displacement control for each of them or just hit "3" (check "Render viewport subdivision") before rendering?

cheers,
    Jason
    always curious...

Hi,
    Select your object, create ---> Vray ---> Apply simple Vray displacement node to selection.
    You will have all attribute on the node.
    www.deex.info

Comment

Thank you for the tip. I tried that before posting but didn't notice that I can add VRay attribute to the created VRay Displacement node.

Any one know whether render viewport subdivision or using VRay attribute to control subdivision and displacement (in default setting) is more efficient for rendering with dynamically generated geometry? Or they functions the same behind the scene?
      always curious...

Comment

I don't know why you can't add Vray attribute on the displacement node.

www.deex.info

Comment

That's exactly what I realized after your first reply. So, the problem is solved and thanks for the tip.
          always curious...

Comment

Working...
          X