Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light with color projection map, and texture ref is referencing light color..any fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light with color projection map, and texture ref is referencing light color..any fix?

Hey guys,

For some reason, If I have a planer projection as a light color value, the light values at my reference objects place in space are getting referenced (along with my expected textures) to my primary at its new location. Did a quick test on a sphere to be sure this is whats happening. Is this a known issue? If so, any way to defeat this phenomenon?

thanks!

-jason

What kind of light is it?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Goodmorning Vlado!

The light in question is a maya directional light.

thanks,

-jason

Comment

Hm, can you post a scene for this? On a simple test here it works identically to the Maya software renderer to create an actual projector light.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Sorry for the late reply.
          Under the gun huge over here, will provide a simple example file as soon as I free up.

thanks very much for your attention to this oddness

-jason

Comment

Simple example file displaying this issue....

Vlado,

Please find attached a simple maya 2012 file wired up to relay the issue. You can see just by rendering, or also simply deleting the reference object to watch the lighting correct itself.
            Please let me know what you think when you've had a moment to check it out.

thanks!

-jason.

ProjTest.zip
            Last edited by jasonic72; 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Hello,

This is a very interesting situation , but according to our tests it is not related to Vray.
              Maya Software and Mental-Ray produce the same issue.
              We will ask our developers for a solution to this bug and will let you know if they find how to fix it.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X