VRayMetaball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMetaball

I am looking for the VRayMetaball object I desperately need for a current project as the regular maya blobby particles aren't rendered with VRay and I need something to render some water splashes.
    Unfortunately I cannot seem to find it. Any ideas how to get it? Is it only available in the nightlies?

It's referenced in a different post http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...t=VRayMetaball

Vlado also commented on this:
    When you create a VRayMetaball object, there are also two sets that are created - one for positive particles (which add to the metaball field) and one for negative particles (which subtract from the metaball field). You can use the relationship editor to attach particle system nodes to the positive set.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

I tnink you need a nightly and you can find them in the Create/V-Ray menu.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

thanks for the reply mate. Now comes the question how I can get a hold of the nightly...

Thanks, Ingo
      brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

Comment

Email us to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

you can also convert metaballs to geo for rendering with vray. That's what we've always done. But that may be too slow for heavy detail.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by aweidenhammer View Post
            you can also convert metaballs to geo for rendering with vray. That's what we've always done. But that may be too slow for heavy detail.
            It doesn't work too well with motion blur though, whereas the V-Ray metaballs do.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

yes, indeed I do recall using image-analysis post motionBlur for those parts. Good point.

Comment

I currently convert the particles to polygons but the detail slows down the scene heavily and I really would like to have a different option here. Plus the problem with the motion blur.... Bit my nails already because of that. But thanks for the hints anyway.

Problem is, that I am on OSX and I don't see any nightlies for the mac in the list. Only windows and linux. Any hidden stuff there or am I just too blind?

Thanks, Ingo

Comment

There are Mac OS X nightlies from 29th of May - they should do the job.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

A million thanks Vlado, you are my hero Kudos.

Cheers, Ingo

Comment

Working...
                    X