Maya 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya 2014

Any idea of the release date for VRay for Maya 2014?

As usual, within one month after the official release of Maya 2014 itself. The nightly builds will be there sooner than that.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is the nightly build for Maya 2014 OS X available on the FTP server, or what have you? My IT guy says claims it isn't available "on the homepage" but I would like verification.

Comment

We don't have Mac OS X builds yet; as is the tradition, there is a problem with the Mac builds - this time because Autodesk did not supply the Qt libraries in the same format as before. So we have to change our build scripts a bit to handle this specific case. Anyways, working on this and we'll get it done soon.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Ugh, sounds like a pain in the neck. Maybe you can update this thread when it becomes available. Thanks for your incredible support, as always.

Comment

Thanks for the info, we are also eagerly awaiting the OS X release for 2014!

Comment

Aaaaaand the OS X (snow leo) maya2014 build is now online.
              Have in mind it is not very throughly tested yet as I've just build (and uploaded) it.

Best,
              Emil
              V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Great news!
                Originally posted by emil.kirichev View Post
                Have in mind it is not very throughly tested yet as I've just build (and uploaded) it.
                Doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

Comment

With the new "Scene Assembly" in maya making use of the Alembic file will VRay support these new features?
                  We are at a point where we are thinking of going over to this pipeline as our scenes need this kind of management and just wanted to know if there are going to be any issues with using Vray.
                  Thanks
                  S

Comment

I don't think there is anything specific on the V-Ray side that we need to do about it right now; Maya still gives us all the geometry in the regular way without us needing to do anything special about it. There might be plans for deeper renderer-time integration further down the road (probably Katana-style), but that's not implemented yet in Maya.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Any news for us mortals under the educational license?

Comment

As you can see in the other threads, there are still some issues with the 2014 builds that we need to solve...

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          As you can see in the other threads, there are still some issues with the 2014 builds that we need to solve...

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Oh, I understand, I haven't read the other threads so I didn't know this. Thanks for keeping us posted though!

Comment

There were mostly some issues with OpenEXR files, and an issue with DR and the V-Ray VFB, which we are trying to track down; we didn't get these during the beta stage of Maya 2014...

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

wishes the Maya 2014 "OSX" build of nightlies.

thanx

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                              oakcorp.net
                              v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
                              X