Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray curvature texture in maya (concave/convex)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic thanks.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

If I am not mistaken the texture gives brighter colors for both concave and convex corners? Is there the plan in a future update to get different colors for the convex and concave curvature?

Comment

Not at the moment, since the way it works it is hard to define if the curvature is concave or convex (perhaps doable for nurbs surface only).
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

That is too bad,
          thanks

Comment

Hi,

I am just testing 3.1 and so far, so awesome. However one thing I cannot get to work is the new curvature texture. How does it work? I was hoping you could use it to add scratches to the convex areas and dust build up to the convex areas. Is this possible? How would you set it up with say a flat green and a flat red colour?

Thanks

Comment

Here is one quick example:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-14-11-48.png
Views:	1
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	858011Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-14-12-23.png
Views:	1
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	858012
              scene:http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/scenes/curvature.zip

At this point VrayCurvature texture cannot separate concave from convex areas.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Aah i see, thanks for that, I was trying to plug in the colours rather than using the output. I'll give that a try. Judging by your test, looks like it could still be useful, even if lacking true convex/concave options

Comment

Hi, was wondering if there was any update on this? I notice that the vray curvature node for Houdini seems to have an option to read either convex/concave or both. Any chance of getting this same implementation for Maya? I'm currently using the VrayDirt texture to exclude concave curves but its difficult to get the right result

Comment

The curvature texture has been included for a while now; it should be the same as in Houdini. See the attachments how to create it.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Attached Files
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah yeah thanks Vlado. I've been using that CurvatureTex as well but I thought I'd seen an option somewhere to differentiate between convex and concave curves but I could have been mistaken. Is that something that could be implemented?

Comment

Working...
                      X