BRDFSkinComplex material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRDFSkinComplex material?

Hi! I am doing some tests on the BRDFSkinComplex material these days (VRay for Maya 3.0 beta). I am wondering if there is any document about how this shader works. I am especially curious about how the shallow scatter color, medium scatter color and deep scatter color are blended within the shader.

Also, is this material somewhat like a combination of three VRayFastSSS2 shaders?

Many thanks!

Originally posted by cherry0602 View Post
    Hi! I am doing some tests on the BRDFSkinComplex material these days (VRay for Maya 3.0 beta). I am wondering if there is any document about how this shader works.
    There is some documentation for the 3ds Max shader here: http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3/VRaySkinMtl

I am especially curious about how the shallow scatter color, medium scatter color and deep scatter color are blended within the shader.
    They are simply added together (weighted by the respective amounts of course). The names "shallow", "medium", "deep" are more for guidance, but you can swap those in any order and the shader will still work in the same way, for now at least.

Also, is this material somewhat like a combination of three VRayFastSSS2 shaders?
    Something like that, though not exactly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

Comment

Working...
      X