Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure for scene assembly at render time

Hi all.
    On the common tab of the Maya software settings you can specify what representation gets rendered at batch render.
    This is just perfect as you can have your massive scene file all showing alembic cache in viewport but you can set the scene assembly section to render the high geometry at render time.

What is the work around for scene assembly with Vray that matches the Maya software workflow?

Can you put something in the MEL/Python callbacks?
    If so, what would you need to entre?

Thanks for any help

If the difference is only in the paths to the alembic cache files or vray proxy files, then you can just update those in the python post translate script.

You should do something like:
    1. get all plugins that has type GeomMeshFile
    2. for every found plugin get its file parameter and replace the value with the correct one.

See here for details how to do the above steps: http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ed+V-Ray+Scene
    V-Ray developer

Comment

This sounds perfect!

unfortunately I have no scripting skills at all.

Anyone up to the challenge?
      ;0)

Comment

The VRayProxy object also allows you to specify different Alembic or proxy files for the viewports and during rendering. Or you can just use the box mode of the V-Ray proxy.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah we have all our trees as proxys and render fine without having to change them over to highres in the assembly reference node. but we have all the buildings as assembly references and just need an auto switch at render time without having to go in and change them all from cache to geo manually.
          A simpler way to put it is to be able to have all the alembic cache files in the viewport and final render in the VFB.

Comment

Working...
          X