Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR Assigned to Certain Objects

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to assign an HDR map specific object so you can have various HDR domes in the scene?

I'm trying to avoid the reflection of an HDR map in a V-Ray Material Wrapper node while keeping the HDR for reflections in the object being reflected.

If that makes sense. Think reflection in a pool. I want the object to reflect but not the sky.

?

Turning off "affect reflections: messes with the reflections on the main object and I'd like to try and avoid heavy comp work in Nuke.

Thoughts?

V-Ray 3 / Maya 2015.

Cheers.
    Olaf Blomerus

Director + VFX Artist

Twitter // www.olafblomer.us

You can use the "Environment Override" of the material override attributes:
    http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ial+Attributes
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Thanks, Ivaylo.

Problem is that effects all reflections. I just want to turn the reflection of the HDR off on one object. For a reflection of the primary object to render only. That reflected objects till needs to have the original HDR reflected in it's details.

Playing around with Maya light linking seems to have worked. Turning off the HDR for that specific object.
      Olaf Blomerus

Director + VFX Artist

Twitter // www.olafblomer.us

Comment

You can use the reflections exclusion from vray object properties, it should work with lights too. Light linking is another way to go with this.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X