EXR files into after effects - Linear workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXR files into after effects - Linear workflow

Hi guys, I am a little confused as I usually use nuke.

What is the workflow to get files out of Maya + Vray & into AfterEffects correctly. I have googled some locations but the end result in the preview has even more banding.
    I am using AE CS6 with Vray 3.0 & Maya if that helps any. Rendering openEXR files at 16bit.

I would use "Project Settings" and select 32 bits per channel and pick sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for "working space". And than i'll tick linearize working space.

Everything renders with MASSIVE banding after that.

In summary - I want to know what is the correct way to get my linear files into AE and work linearly and output as 2.2 gamma. Thanks!

Is it *rendering* that way, or just previewing? Note that in Prefs>Preview there is a setting for Color Management Quality = More Accurate Except for RAM Preview. Try changing that to More Accurate if the problem is your previews

Comment

Omg. That is EXTREMELY helpful. How come no ones ever mentioned this.

Corestudio, thanks for the advise. Do you guys use Linearworkflow and render 16bit exrs and comp in After Effects? What are all the correct settings if you don't mind sharing. Want to make sure we have the workflow correct before we start playing with stuff and doing whatever looks good.

Comment

we use both 32 and 16bit linear exr files, yes, but generally we comp in nuke. But the settings you described are correct assuming you want to be delivering sRGB files. i.e. that's your output intent.

Comment

Working...
        X