Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-ray for maya 2016

Hi,
    just want to ask , when will be official build for maya 2016 be available.
    I know I can use the nightlies build, just asking !
    Thanks
    Johnny Grilo
    http://www.square-zero-one.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/squarezeroone

It's a few weeks away. There were some changes between the last beta and the official release that we needed to take care of; also we haven't managed to install our official licenses for 2016 yet - looks like we got a .lic file for 2015 instead, so it's been a few frustrating days now with back-and-forths between us and Autodesk. Not much of a problem on Windows and Mac as there are trial versions, but right now we actually have no ways to test the Linux builds yet.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi

shall we use the nightlies or just hold our fingers still and stick to maya 2015 in the meantime for some straight architectural visualizations - nothing fancy?!

would love to use the new maya ..

br matt

Comment

The Linux version needs more work due to Qt changes. But the Windows and Mac OS X versions seem to be working ok.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Does the Linux version only have ui/qt issues, or are there render issues too?
          I ask since our render farm is on linux, but our workstations uses windows. So maya only runs through batch mode on our linux computers.
          CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

I don't think there are render issues.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Love the support for the new hypershade!! Thank you for that
              Johnny Grilo
              http://www.square-zero-one.com/
              https://www.facebook.com/squarezeroone

Comment

Good to know that it works

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

I just saw Simon playing with the hypershade here... looks pretty awesome. We'll put a test scene to render on Linux and see if it comes through without errors.
                  Best Regards,
                  Fredrik

Comment

For the record:
                    Starting with rev 25823 the linux build for Maya 2016 should be fully functional.
                    Please test and report problems.
                    V-Ray developer

Comment

It seems we are hitting a wall when attempting to render a scene on Linux using 25823:

Code:
                      Executing command using subprocess.Popen(): //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/bin/Render -r vray -x 2647 -y 1872 -reg 0 264 0 187 -s 2 -e 2 -rl defaultRenderLayer -im <Scene>_slice1_<Layer>_<Camera>. -cam renderCam -proj //192.168.0.225/prod/proj7/maya -rd //192.168.0.225/prod/proj7/maya/images/scene7/slices //192.168.0.225/prod/proj7/maya/scenes/scene7.mb
                      Script PID: 13522
                      App PID: 13525
                      >>> 
                      >>> Starting "/192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/bin/maya"
                      >>> Maya.env file copied from /home/IRUser/maya/2015-x64/ to /home/IRUser/maya/2016/Maya.env
                      >>> Copied preferences from a previous version.
                      >>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
                      >>>   what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
                      >>> Stack trace:
                      >>>   /lib64/libc.so.6() [0x3ede232920]
                      >>>   gsignal
                      >>>   abort
                      >>>   __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler()
                      >>>   /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6() [0x3ee0ebcbe6]
                      >>>   /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6() [0x3ee0ebcc13]
                      >>>   /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6() [0x3ee0ebcd0e]
                      >>>   std::__throw_logic_error(char const*)
                      >>>   /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6() [0x3ee0e9ce59]
                      >>>   std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/lib/libMC3.so.8(+0xb7330) [0x7f5677692330]
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/lib/libMC3.so.8(+0x139c7f) [0x7f5677714c7f]
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/lib/libMC3.so.8(+0xb7f69) [0x7f5677692f69]
                      >>>   CMLFacade::Initialize(CMLWaypoint*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, int, unsigned int, long long, long long, MC3_MODE, wchar_t const*)
                      >>>   TCIPClient::initialize()
                      >>>   TCIPClient::TCIPClient()
                      >>>   TCIPClient::theOne()
                      >>>   TbaseApp::cipReportStartup()
                      >>>   TbaseApp::initGeneral()
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/bin/maya.bin() [0x415a52]
                      >>>   Tapplication::start()
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/bin/maya.bin() [0x40e6ff]
                      >>>   main
                      >>>   __libc_start_main
                      >>>   //192.168.0.226/pipeline/bin/maya/builds/maya_v2016_linux64/bin/maya.bin() [0x40debd]
                      >>> 
                      >>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
                      >>> // Maya exited with status 139
                      Hm... I wonder... if this is a V-Ray problem or a Maya problem... it actually looks like Maya hasn't even attempted to load V-Ray when it crashes.
                      Last edited by Fredrik Averpil; 26-05-2015, 04:05 AM.
                      Best Regards,
                      Fredrik

Comment

False alarm. There's something wrong with our Linux installation of Maya.
                        Best Regards,
                        Fredrik

Comment

Correction: I don't think there's anything wrong with our Maya installation. We can successfully execute the command on a Linux machine, but when it is executed through our render manager, it crashes (Maya 2016 Linux only)... still doesn't have anything to do with V-Ray, which seems to render just fine when the command is executed directly on the local Linux machine.
                          Best Regards,
                          Fredrik

Comment

Will it work correctly if you use the Maya Software renderer or Mental Ray?
                            V-Ray developer

Comment

It's the same issue with Maya Software (V-Ray plugin not used or loaded), so this is not a V-Ray issue.
                              Best Regards,
                              Fredrik

Comment

Working...
                              X