Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exposure control without physical camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exposure control without physical camera?

hi,

is it possible to control exposure in vray for maya without using physical camera? (I need to boost the brightness for DMC algorithm to get some contrast to work with).

or is it possible to have no motion blur with physical camera? I seem to get object motion blur even with 'enable motion blur' turned off on the camera and no MB set in render globals.

cheers.
    Pawel

Hi Pawel,

You can adjust the exposure of your render via VFB Color correction window.

Actually it should be possible to have no motion blur in render when using V-ray Physical Camera. Can you post simple scene that represents your setup? Also which V-Ray version you are using ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

You can use the color mapping section of the V-Ray settings to change the overall brightness of the image (f.e. if you use the Linear mapping mode, set the dark/bright multipliers to the same value).

I don't see how you would get moblur if it is disabled in both the camera and the render globals - perhaps it would be best to post a scene or send to support@chaosgroup.com so that our support guys can look into it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I did try the bright and dark multipliers in the globals and they had no impact on my linear renders at all. I assumed they only affect tone mapped (non linear) renders. Also I'm not sure if it happens before or after DMC contrast threshold test.
        We are under the gun at the moment but once this project is finished I will test MB and physical camera on a simpler scene. I usually avoid physical camera and I'm not sure of it's shortcomings.

Vlado - is it possible to force DMC to check contrast of a render element? I have a crazy project where we discard beauty and use some render elements to get the desired look. The beauty is smooth but render elements (DOF) are not in places and I have a hard time convincing vray to send more samples there.

Comment

Working...
        X