Best way to make batcave like translucent lighting components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to make batcave like translucent lighting components

hi, im modeling a lighttable which looks like ceiling lights in batcave in dark knight movie. whats the most realistic approach to simulate that white translucent plastics?

Click image for larger version

Name:	b6f7c2fff0084f4f0cc54333c1aaee1f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	885268

Blurry refractions in the main material or the fast sss2 material. I'd be incline to fake it though and just use mapped planes with a hdri of a light panel for your reflections but then use normal lights behind it to cast the light and gi rays - you'll get quicker results!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      Blurry refractions in the main material or the fast sss2 material. I'd be incline to fake it though and just use mapped planes with a hdri of a light panel for your reflections but then use normal lights behind it to cast the light and gi rays - you'll get quicker results!
      im trying fast sss 2 but gi is problem i think.. there is soo much parameters. i need the geometry because of it's a model, will not be using for just lighting so cant use hdri i think. this is what i get so far. im almost happy with surface effect but GI is i dont know.. the thing is if i increase the radius i lose that translucent plastic surface detail, seams and it looks like flat vray light plane but gi gets much better ofc.

Name:	aaaa.jpg
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	863272

Comment

Oh sure!

What I mean is you can have geometry that's only there for the look - you can use the vray properties to turn off the geometry for generate gi and then just use area lights instead. You'll get your modelled light planes and plastic surface detail as you like but the far cleaner area lights will be used to generate the rays for the gi and direct lighting which is far easier to sample cleanly!

Comment

hi... im use this parameter for backlight panel on retail shoots.

Name:	Backlight.jpg
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	863273

Comment

Working...
          X