Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!

​​​i ran into some issues with vdb instancing with mash today:

I set the volume to volumetric geometry and set the smoke color scattering to ray traced. Otherwise the volumes won't render at all, when instanced with mash, like ivan suggested.

But in IPR only one instance of my mash newtork is rendering. When i render a frame with bucket sampler, everything shows as expected. Is this a bug?

The workflow with vdbs is a little bit confusing, because some things work only on gpu and others on cpu and gpu. I have to render with cpu, and switching back an forth is no option.

When will the volume grid volumetric mode and approximate scattering running with mash instancing, without changing settings?

Off topic:
    Looking on other future workflows, also Maya's Bifrost Graph is essential to be supported. Any updated on this one? Native rendering of particles, aero, mpm, instancing??

Best and thank you!
    Stefan

Comment

Hello all,
      Im trying to use MASH to scatter cloud VDBs. Ive set the rendering mode to volumetric geometrey and it works in the viewport, but when I go to render they dont show up. I dont get a warning or error. Any idea what I might be doing wring here?

EDIT. It seems that when the original sources are hidden, none of the instances render either.
      Last edited by JasonA71; 25-10-2021, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X