Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: V-Ray error: Exception [module=1] : Rendering region (416,704)-(448,736)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: V-Ray error: Exception [module=1] : Rendering region (416,704)-(448,736)

Hi,

I am trying to make a scene renderable on the farm nodes. Scene spec and what I have tried so far:
    1. the scene has about 64 million unique triangles with textures.
    2. I export all the assets in the scene as a single vrscene (except the camera) and import that into a new empty maya scene.
    3. I set the Dynamic memory limit to 5000MB; Default Geometry: Dynamic, and ticked conserve memory in the Render Settings.
    4. Kick the scene to the farm for rendering.

Did a test with a node with 256GB of ram, the scene took 69GB of ram and render out correctly.

But the majority of our farm nodes has only 64GB of RAM, so when I kick the scene to those nodes, I got error below:
    Code:
    Error: V-Ray error: Exception [module=1] : Rendering region (416,704)-(448,736)

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)
    Questions:
    Q1: does this mean there is a region in the frame that cause V-Ray to error out during renering?
    Q2: In Deadline Monitor, it shows the nodes peak memory at 63.5 GB. I guess at some point the RAM is maxed out. Is there a way/setting to address this issue so the scene is renderable with 64 GB of RAM and not significantly slower to finish?

Thanks!
    always curious...

I don't know if it help but you may try it out -> "Conserve Memory" in the Settings Tab.

Copy & Paste from the documentation:

"Conserve memory – Embree will use a more compact method for storing triangles, which might be slightly slower but reduces memory usage."

Kind Regards
    Pirmin

Comment

Originally posted by vfx_film_televsion View Post
      I don't know if it help but you may try it out -> "Conserve Memory" in the Settings Tab.

Copy & Paste from the documentation:

"Conserve memory – Embree will use a more compact method for storing triangles, which might be slightly slower but reduces memory usage."

Kind Regards
      Pirmin
      Yes, I did try that as well, but unfortunately still got the same error.

always curious...

Comment

This error message usually means a crash that was just handled 'well' enough so that the process does not quit.
        Peak memory at 63.5 out of 64 usually means that it's maxed out.
        The 'region' thing, although I'm not exactly sure, might be where on the image it crashed.

In any case, it would definitely be good if we could have the scene to debug here.
        Are there a lot of subdivision/displacement in this scene? The default is view-dependent with edge length=4 pixels and max subdivs - 256, which might require too much memory in specific cases (need to really change the defaults this time).
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

And another thing - is this a bucket render or a progressive one?
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

yolov there is no displacement in the scene. Just three vehicles converted from CAD data. All polys. Given that, I still set the Default displacement Max subdivs to 3 just in case. It's rendered in bucket mode.
            I'd think with settings like low dynamic memory limit and Conserve memory, Vray wouldn't crash and will finish the render with longer or much longer render time because of swapping memory. Or is there other tricks to further push down the memory consumption for the scene?
            Is there a log file that I can see which part of the scene (geo, texture, etc) consumes how much memory?
            always curious...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhuang1115 View Post
              [USER="192139"]Or is there other tricks to further push down the memory consumption for the scene?
              Is there a log file that I can see which part of the scene (geo, texture, etc) consumes how much memory?
              That's not in VRay yet, but it's in research.

Can you get us a scene? Usually, what you've done should have helped.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

yolov I'm afraid that I can't upload the whole scene. I'll remove some assets and test if I can narrow on which asset is causing the error. If I find it, I can then try to troubleshoot that or upload single asset.
                always curious...

Comment

Working...
                X