No announcement yet.

Wireframe showing in render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To anyone else having a similar problem, the issue seems to be the Secondary ray bias in the Overrides tab of the Render Settings. Set the value to greater than 0.0.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ring+Overrides

Comment

Looking at the scene, it seems like there's some self-occlusion happening from the geometry itself - it's seems like cad data and there are places where the geo doesn't look very good - I've attached an example below. I can get rid of most of the issues by enabling 'ignore self occlusion' on the dirtTex, but that might be undesired. Using a secondary ray bias also gets rid of most issues, but not all. So on top of those two potential ways to fix the issue, it seems that doing a 'unlock normals' and then 'soft normals' gets rid of this too.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	dirtTex.png Views:	1 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	1018337
      Last edited by yolov; 26-11-2018, 09:20 AM.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

We've just upgraded to Vray Next and I am now having this exact same problem with an orthographic camera. Was the root of this ever traced?

Comment

It was never confirmed to be an issue. Reading my previous post, it looked like a normals problem with the geometry itself.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

I wasn't able to fix the issue with any manipulation of geo normals, including exporting as OBJ and bringing them back in, unlocking, setting to face, and softening. None of that fixed the issue. It does seem to be related to self shadowing as turning that off will remove the issue entirely, while setting secondary ray bias to a non zero value can also fix it. The latter is definitely value based, i.e. the higher the value, the more of the issue is removed. A tiny value of 0.0001 removed almost all of the visible triangles. 0.001 removed the issue completely.

Comment

HI guys,
              Maybe I can help you with this one.
              Please share with me that data so I can have a look on that.

Cheers !

EDIT:
              Originally posted by F801 View Post
              To anyone else having a similar problem, the issue seems to be the Secondary ray bias in the Overrides tab of the Render Settings. Set the value to greater than 0.0.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ring+Overrides
              Well that secondary ray bias doesnt have nothing to do with your Problem.
              I had a very fast look tinto your scene and you have a couple of problems.
              - First at all you data is heavily treated. I guess they took the surfaces from Inventor. I dont think this is coming from Catia.
              - Your model has History. Delete all the time the History. Sometimes this cause MaYa go crazy.
              - You have 2 UVs prjections and a tweak. This will create some artifacts time to time.
              - You have no properly UVs added to your model and exactly close to the area where you are having Problems.

Now, the looks fine, and you suppose to share the part where you are having problems.
              I know you have a NDA signed, but if you need help you need to share the correct part.
              Chaos Group work with all the car companies. So you dont need to share the part wit us if you dont like it. Instead I will rather send the part to Cahos Group.
              Or you can delete some faces and send to us.

BTW !
              I gonna DM you, because there is something you need to know.

Last edited by XavBo; 27-03-2020, 07:21 PM.
              DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
              EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

Comment

Working...
              X