VFB test resolution bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB test resolution bug

Since it's already been mentioned there's a UI update coming I'm hoping this will be addressed, but can we PLEASE fix the bug that causes the test resolution to appear enabled upon scene open when it ISN'T? This is a super annoying bug, and I wish I had a buck for every time this has caught me out. Even changing the test resolution doesn't enable it -- you have to toggle it "off" (again it isn't ON to begin with), then turn it "on" again to get it working. I am currently working with extremely high resolution print images which means I'm frequently only rendering regions as I work making it all the harder to tell exactly what's going on when working at test resolutions. I'm constantly caught out by this and often don't realize anything is amiss until I notice that my bucket sizes are appearing much too small, indicating a full-res render when I thought I had TEST turned on.

Are you using the latest V-Ray for Maya version? This used to happen when opening old scenes, however, it should be fixed. Maybe record a short video of the process along with an attached simple scene so we can take a look.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We are using 4.04.03.00010 from Feb last year so I guess it's not the latest version. No idea why they don't keep up to date but I guess I'll have to wait for us to upgrade.

Comment

The latest version is 4.30.01 and it's a free upgrade to V-Ray Next users.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X