Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Internal Failure Error Message

Hey there,
    we are launching Maya via a .bat file and load V-Ray from a network location.
    During the Maya startup, the following error message appears in the Maya Output Window.

Code:
    Error: D:\cgrepo\vray4maya\PluginMain.cpp:1616: MGlobal::executePythonCommand( "typesParam='types=" "+VRaySunShape," "+VRaySunTarget," "+VRayLightSphereShape," "+VRayLightDomeShape," "+VRayLightMeterShape," "+VRayLightRectShape," "+VRayLightIESShape," "+VRayClipperShape," "+VRayMeshPreview," "+VRayPlane," "+VRayPluginNodeLightShape," "+VRayFurPreview," "+VRayEnvironmentPreview," "+VRaySphereFade," "+VRayMetaball," "+VRayScene" "'\n" "import maya.cmds as cmds\n" "cmds.cacheEvaluator(" "newFilter='nodeTypes'," "newFilterParam=typesParam," "newAction='enableEvaluationCache'" ")"): : (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
    Error: D:\cgrepo\vray4maya\PluginMain.cpp:1623: MGlobal::executeCommand(DAC): : (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
    I am not sure if this is causing any trouble or not.

This is on Windows 10, Maya 2020.2 and V-Ray 4.30.02

Cheers, Florian
    Last edited by TheScope; 11-06-2020, 08:39 AM.
    Florian von Behr
    CG Supervisor
    The Scope GmbH
    Behance

Usually, this type of error may happen when some dependencies are loaded from the wrong location, or for the wrong maya version, or there's a mix of both, or Maya is trying to load two V-Ray instances.
    How do you set up the deployment? Is it with the V-Ray zip installs? Can you point out some details, like the environment that launches that process, the versions of Maya and V-Ray?
    Is there a V-Ray installed with the installation when Maya is launched with the .zip install of V-Ray?
    If this is a network deploy, then the Maya files are copied somewhere, are there any vray files copied along with it that may cause a collision with another V-Ray instance in the setup?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,
      the path in the error message (D:\cgrepo\) is not from our system. We use UNC path and don't have that path.
      We load V-Ray form a network share. All env variables are set in a .bat file that launches Maya.
      Maya is installed locally. V-Ray is not locally installed and never was (quite new machine).
      I see this error with Maya 2020.2 and Maya 2019.3.1 with V-Ray 4.30.02 and 4.30.01. Didn't check older versions.
      Florian von Behr
      CG Supervisor
      The Scope GmbH
      Behance

Comment

Yes, the error path is from our code, the path there is not relevant.
        Has the same bat file worked before? Can you get me a copy to look at the environment setup?
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,
          here is an example .bat file that shows how we set the variables. Like I already mentioned in the first message: I am not sure if this error message has any effect.

Cheers, Florian
          Attached Files
          Florian von Behr
          CG Supervisor
          The Scope GmbH
          Behance

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay.
            I don't really find anything suspicious in the environment setup. Maybe something will come up if I dig deeper.
            Is this still a problem for you?
            I'd suggest trying to print the environment after Maya is launched to make sure another variable declaration outside of this .bat deploy doesn't conflict with what's in the .bat.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Hey Alex,
              thanks for your reply.
              Like I mentioned in my first post: I am not sure if this error is causing any problems. I just noticed it and thought it might be something worth mentioning.
              Florian von Behr
              CG Supervisor
              The Scope GmbH
              Behance

Comment

Working...
              X