Physical Camera causes jitter when rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Camera causes jitter when rendering

I have a fairly simple scene with an flying aircraft (linked vrscene), a few constraints and a tracked camera from Nuke.
    When viewing the animation in Maya, everything seems to be fine.
    But when rendering the animation jitters back and forth and also triggers more motion blur.

I tried baking all animation or rendering proxy geo instead of vrscene. But I nailed it down to the physical camera attribute. When turning it off, everything renders fine.

Also the jitter seems to jump in at frame 140. Everything before seems to work fine. Weird...
    Those little bugs really keep driving me crazy...

Using Maya 2020.2 and Vray Next (nightly build 20200914)

I rolled back to NEXT update 2.2 (Apr 2
    Still the same behaviour. Jitter with Physical Camera on.
    No Jitter when off.

Comment

Hey there,

from what you described it looks like a problem that I encountered last month. I narrowed it down to a possible bug of the Physical Camera used in conjunction with Cameras that have very small values in the Center of Interest slot. Nuke camera tracker sometimes outputs cameras like that.
      If that's the case just set the value to something higher, it solved the problem for me.

I've never reported this problem but maybe someone from Chaos team could have a look?

Vittorio

Comment

The Center of Interest is not part of the VRayPhysicalCamera Attributes and I am not sure that this is related to V-Ray. Is it possible to test this with different render engine as well? Meanwhile, you could set up a test scene and send it to support@chaosgroup.com so we could further investigate this. It would be helpful if you could give us more details on how you have created such a camera.
        Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
        Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Hey Nikolay,

thanks for looking into this. I've sent a scene with two cameras and the respective render tests. I couldn't send the assets visible in the renders, sorry about that. The camera has been created in Nuke via the Camera Tracker node.
          Let me know if you are able to re-create the problem.

Cheers,
          Vittorio
          Last edited by vbarabani; 25-09-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hey Nikolay!

I didn't try it with another renderer. In the meantime i recreated the scene from scratch, and the issue was gone.
            I can prepare the scene for you on monday, when I'm back at the office. Thanks in advance!

Best
            Stefan

Comment

Sounds like precision error, when things get extremely far away from the origin?
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

I managed to reproduce the issue here and added this to our system as a bug. I will notify you as soon as we have any progress on this.

Comment

Thank you!
                  It was driving me crazy for 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.kusht View Post
                    I managed to reproduce the issue here and added this to our system as a bug. I will notify you as soon as we have any progress on this.
                    Hey Nikolay, was this ever resolved?
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Hi Buck,sorry for the late response. The internal ID for this issue is VMAYA-9964. It is still unresolved and unfortunately, I cannot give any time frame in which it would be fixed, but I have bumped its priority.

Comment

Working...
                      X