Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Hair Rendering AOV Issues

Hi,

Maybe I haven't found the solution in the Chaos Forum but I tried to render hair with an EXR (multichannel) with alle the channels I choosed.
    I just get an image information in the RGB channel and thats not so usefull for compositing.

You can find my scene as uploaded on wetransfer:
    https://we.tl/t-IAerdMmFCf

I followed the VrayHair tutorial for Maya and even compared my scene with your example scene online but when I am rendering in the VFB or an exr(Multichannel) via batch rendering with all the AOV in my render settings I could not get any result of my hair. Why?
    Do I have to make an extratex for the hair and input the hair sampler ?

Thanks,
    Julian

I just tested this out with your scene and the elements seem to be correctly saved in the .exr. What result are you getting? (maybe attach the .exr). Also, how are you viewing the files?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey,

here the exr:
      https://we.tl/t-0c9rVbqewE

As you can see in my picture, almost all layers are present but the diffuse, raw Gi layer is not.
      Do I have to put in the Diffuse attribute in the hair mtl to get a diffuse layer?
      Should I use the RGB layer as diffuse layer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt_3.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1119727

Julian

Comment

There has to be a diffuse value set in the VRayHairNextMtl to get information in the Diffuse element. Otherwise, what your rendering is missing is the Reflection, Lighting, and GI elements - these AOVs are necessary for the raw elements to work correctly. I tested comping the shader and it worked out fine - attaching the Nuke file and .EXR.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X