Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal that Vray's standalone denoiser does not seem to work with Deep EXR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal that Vray's standalone denoiser does not seem to work with Deep EXR?

Just curious. I ran a test last night and saw for the deep EXRs the Vray standalone "tries" to denoise, but the denoised frames look just like the non-denoised ones. For normal multichannel EXRs Vray's standalone denoiser works great. Maybe this is "the way it is" with Deep, or maybe I'm missing something. What do you think? Thanks! I'm on Nuke Indie so I cannot try to denoise it in Nuke (so sad!). HOWEVER... also please tell me if the Nuke Commercial will run the VRay Denoiser and work correctly. Because I might make a new friend who owns Nuke Commercial just for this.

Yes, it is normal. Also, check this thread dealing with a similar issue and use the workaround to flatten the image in Nuke and denoiser it instead (when you get the chance).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

hermit.crab Ah yes, thank you! I am intrigued by the idea of doing all the deep work then flattening it and running denoiser afterwards. I am also finding that Nuke's own denoiser seems to do the trick just fine in many cases.

Comment

Working...
      X