VRmatconverter error upon converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRmatconverter error upon converting

I am at somewhat of a loss with this one honestly and could use some insight. I am trying to convert materials in Maya to be imported into Max, so the obvious choice is the VRMat Converter. I click on the icon in the V-Ray toolbar. The dialogue box appears. It finds the shaders, I select them and click convert and receive the following script error:

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/vray/scripts/vrayVRmatConverter.mel line 162: NameError: file <maya console> line 1: name 'reload' is not defined #

I have tried creating a very simple shader using only 1 bitmap as well and I receive the same error.

I have tried this in Maya 2022 as well as 2023 with the same error resulting each time. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I get the same error as well! Look like a bug

Comment

Yeah, it seems like it's a naming error in the scripting that might be an easy fix, but I could be way off base.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Comment

Thanks for the report. We already have it logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11028 ). I'll notify the developers about it.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully a resolution is provided soon.

Comment

Sorry to say, the VRayVRMat converter is pretty old and its future is uncertain. Another way of transferring shaders is through a .vrscene, which is then loaded in the VRayVRMatMtl.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
              Sorry to say, the VRayVRMat converter is pretty old and its future is uncertain. Another way of transferring shaders is through a .vrscene, which is then loaded in the VRayVRMatMtl.
              Right, I have successfully exported scene materials applied to geometry within a .vrscene. However, I need to export the shaders/materials alone that can be then saved out to it's own library once in Max. Losing the ability to edit and or apply them within a new scene is a deal breaker, but it's possible I missed something on my first try.

Comment

Working...
              X