Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya Warning: No lights in the scene

Hello everybody i have a problem:

when i try to render a scene in Maya, in the Script Editor appears this error:

"// Warning: V-Ray : No lights in the scene!"

But i have lights in the scene.... and if i start an interactive render i can see my scene and my lights.

I had this problem with Maya 20222, then i tried to install Maya 2023 and i hadn't that mistake but only for a few hours.

So i also formatted the pc, but with no good results.

Now i have this problem with Maya 2023 too... and i don't know how to fix it.

Please help me.

Thanks

Hey do you can attach the full scene with problem ?

this message is used by VRay for various problems that do not have a specific message
    Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
    https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

Is it a specific scene? As intercard said, could you attach (or send) it? Also, which V-Ray version build do you have installed?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It's not a problem of a single scene.... it's a constant problem, with all scenes and also new ones.

In the attached first image, i created a new scene, a new cone, i assigned a vray red mt, and i added a vray lightdome, i lunched a render and in the script editor it appear "Warning..."
        in the second image you can see that if i lunch an interactive render i can see my cone! and i can also change the intesity of my lightdome.

I have the latest version V-Ray 5 for Maya, update 2.2 (v5.20.02 from Apr 27 2022)
        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe it is similar to the case here? If not, do attach the scene so we can take a look.

Comment

We found out this error is incorrectly labeled to other issues. Could you share the VFB log? We are interested in the written information prior to the warning message.

Comment

Working...
            X