Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray light material with camera projected texture onto Vray plane supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray light material with camera projected texture onto Vray plane supported?

I have a Vray plane with a Vray light material assigned. The plate (an EXR sequence) is camera projected into the color of the material, which appears as expected in the viewport. When I render I appear to get the plane's alpha, but nothing in RGB either in primary or secondary rays. The plane is currently set with primary visibility on. Is there any reason this should not work?

HI, thanks for posting.
    What are you using for the projection? I tested a simple scene with Camera Map Per Pixel and exr sequence in a VRayLightMtl and it worked.
    Could you share a bit more details about your setup?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-03-30_15-37-56.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1176972
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This is the Maya forum is it not?

Comment

Hi, sorry my bad I got confused. In Maya it works as well. Here is what I did:

Name:	maya_2023-03-31_12-21-21.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	1177057 Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_2023-03-31_12-21-32.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	1177058

The checker "Image sequence" is not available in Hypershade menus and without it enabled it will not work.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This doesn't really tell the full story Are you using camera projection? As I stated, I'm using camera projection for the texture. Also, did you try rendering? I also stated that it appeared as expected in the viewport but would not render.

Comment

Name:	image.png
Views:	92
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	1177423

Do you have any Object Properties on the plane that turn it to a matte object or change any visibility / alpha contribution?
            Check any render stats, wrapper materials, object properties or other, some option has probably been ticked on/off somewhere.​
            Attached Files
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X