Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Displacement not working on nCloth

Hi,

When creating a Substance node and generating a Vray workflow node network and applying that material to a plane, i then have to add the Vray attribute Displacement Control to lower the height of the height map and then it looks great. But when i convert the plane to nCloth and sim it, the displacement reverts and the Vray Displacement Control attribute no longer works. Is there a way to get the Vray Displacement Control working again on simmed nCloth geometry? Examples bellow.

Vray Displacement Control attribute settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-16 184306.png
Views:	122
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1178182 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-16 184209.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	1178185
    Attached Files

I posted earlier and suggested it might be that your rendering object after nCloth creation was a different one to your original object. Now just did a quick test and can see that isn't the case. Seems like in Maya 2020 at least any Vray attributes get stripped off during nCloth creation, and there isn't even the capability to add them back afterwards (the normal Vray extra attrs. menu is completely missing on the shape nodes). Not sure why, but you can add a Vray displacement node to your output cloth and get your displacement back that way. This is a more versatile workflow anyway, as it creates a set that you can drop objects in and out of easily, rather than dealing with extra attrs. on each one (depending on the situation of course).
    Last edited by SonyBoy; 17-04-2023, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X