Can't get Vray to load on Maya 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Vray to load on Maya 2023

Hello, We just upgraded to Maya 2023 and I am trying to get Vray portable working on this but keep getting an error - unable to load, the specified procedure could not be found. I am trying to use the module file provided in the distribution and when I checked all of the paths and so forth from the file everything seems to be in order. I tried moving the folder to a local drive but I still get the same issue. If this is a configuration issue then I am not sure what else to check for. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can debug this? Thank you.

Best, Christian

I have done some additional debugging on this and though I have not fully solved it I have made some discoveries. I stripped Maya back to the basic install and then installed Vray from the installer. I was getting the same error. I then tried to put the hostbin and bin directories appended to the path environment. I got the same error. then I moved the entries up to the top of the path listings and ensured that they entry order was correct. Once I did this and tried to load the module this time I got a different error. The error was: Error: VRay: Could not load the Bifrost module! You will not be able to render Bifrost as isosurface or metaball. The error message is: [loadLibEx] 126: LoadLibrary failed (126): the specified module could not be found. Error: Failed to retrieve service configuration info.

However the Vray Module did load this time. I am running Maya 2023.3. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be awesome. I am not sure if this is still a config problem or a current bug but I would love to hear from support on this. Thank you!

best, Christian

Comment

What OS are you using? From what I've read in older threads, Bifrost is not supported on MacOS, but I'm not sure if this is still the case. Also, how did you install V-Ray - from the installer or through a .zip?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am running windows 10 and at first I installed from the zip then I cleared that out and installed from the installer and did the above and got the bifrost error.

Comment

Try the suggestion from this thread. Basically, manually copying the Bifrost module to the Maya bin folder.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X