Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error : Vray plugin and Maya render settings MayaHardwareGlobalsTab when creating render setup Layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error : Vray plugin and Maya render settings MayaHardwareGlobalsTab when creating render setup Layer

Hi,

I have a maya 2022.3 vray 5.2.1 scene with references. Whenever i try to create a render setup Layer I get this errors:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/createMayaHardwareGlobalsTab.mel line 185: Object 'scrollLayout' not found. //

after that the Tabs are broken on the Master Layer. The Maya Hardware especially as you can see in the screenshot.
    Now when I try to submit to the farm (royal render) i get mixed render submissions/settings, one layer rendering .png (hardware render),the other one .exr (vray) even though vray is detected as render engine.
    his i a really big problem for us.

I tried reproducing the error in another maya session but there everything works there. So it must be scene specific and not a faulty installation or maya pref.

What I tried so far:
    • unloading references
    • changing the preferred renderer
    • unloading vray
    • deleting vray settings in the outliner
    • importing the scene into an empty new maya session
    • clean up references
    • deleting unknown nodes
    • removing as many plugins as possible
    • cleaning any remains after removing the references

I have seen multiple user posts describing as similar problem with the Common Tab also related to Arnold.we don´t have Arnold installed.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-...8442542#M66504

To me it looks like some of maya mel commands and vray don´t work properly together.

any help appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mschreck; 10-04-2024, 10:36 PM.

Based on the linked thread, it seems to be related to the presets. What happens if you delete them (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\maya\Presets)? If you wish for V-Ray to be the default renderer, it can be done through the Windows>Settings/Preferences>Preferences>Rendering instead.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar, thanks for the suggestion,

removing the preset folder didnt fix this unfortunately.Also changing the default render engine didn´t make a difference.
      Interestingly the maya session after opening the file and then going File>New Scene behaves the same way.
      But if I launch maya without loading the scene everything is fine.

Somehow loading my reference introduces issues with the maya session and render setup/render settings behaviour.
      I suspected old legacy layers being the culprit but even deleting all legacy nodes in my reference didnt fix the problem

This is printed when i have legacy layer in my scene:

# Traceback (most recent call last):
      # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\Lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\baseDelegate.p y", line 172, in paint
      # self._addActionIcons(painter, rect, item, highlightedColor)
      # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\Lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\sceneDelegate. py", line 98, in _addActionIcons
      # checked = item.data(scene.NODE_VISIBLE)
      # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\Lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\proxy\scene.py ", line 157, in data
      # return self._model is None or self._model.isVisible()
      # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\Lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\model\renderLayer.py ", line 168, in isVisible
      # return legacyLayer.isVisible(self._getLegacyNodeName())
      # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\Lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\model\legacyRenderLa yer.py", line 60, in isVisible
      # currentName = cmds.editRenderLayerGlobals(query=True, currentRenderLayer=True).lstrip(':')
      # RuntimeError: Maya command error

looks pretty corrupted to me and I know one is not supposed to mix legacy and render setup nodes in a scene. But other shots didn´t break to this degree.

I also loaded the references into a fresh scene and it worked fine.​

Also interesting. As soon as i delete the render setup layer the Render setting tabs revert back to normal.
      Last edited by mschreck; 11-04-2024, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Oh my maya-that was too easy!
        while checking the outliner for weird nodes (disable show DAG only) i noticed i had two nodes: defaultRenderLayer and defaultRenderLayer1. Istantly after deleting defaultRenderLayer1 everything fixes itself magically.
        I hope this will safe others a headache in the future
        Attached Files

Comment

unfortunately other scenes don´t show the same simple solution. Still trying to find a way in cases i don´t have the double defaultRenderLayer nodes :/

Comment

Could you attach a scene where the issue is present?
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

so at some point i found a workaround.
              (The broken hardware render tab menu was only a sympton of having legecy viewport enabled and had nothing to do with the problem)
              I don´t know why my first tests didn´t work but now I am again simply importing the files into a fresh maya render template scene which makes sure there are no legacy render layer or broken render globals.
              This works nicely and fixes all problems inherited from an old asset or scene.

thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
              X