Light Linking and Refractions bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Linking and Refractions bug.

I've got a scene that has a couple of products housed within a cardboard packaging box that has a clear plastic window on the front of it so the products are visible. To get each of the two products lit nicely each I've got 4 VrayLightRects; 2 for each product. 2 of the lights are linked just to light/affect one product, the remaining 2 lights light the other product, the clear window, and the box. A fairly simple set up.

The bug is that I keep finding is that IPR render and a full/production render keeps breaking the simple light-linking set up, also I'm finding that the clear plastic window also makes the light linking break - as if V-Ray can't figure out how to do the light linking through refractive materials.

Is there another way to set up light linking in Maya + V-Ray GPU that is robust and works properly?

I'm using V-Ray 6 for Maya, update 2 (v6.20.01 from Mar 25 2024) and Maya 2024.2 on Windows 10.

Might help to post an image, but sounds like you might need to look into light path expressions. I'm assuming your lights are outside of the box and illuminating through the window?

Comment

Mind if you attach a simple scene? I cannot seem to reproduce the issue on my end. Video reproductions and illustrations are always welcome.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X