Reflection flags problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection flags problem.

I am doing a scene where I need to have an item that is not visible to camera (primary visibility off) but is visible to the reflection of the ground but is not visible to the reflections in any other objects.

In this test picture here I have the sphere primary visibility turned off. You can still see it reflected in the ground plane and the green cube.

What I want is a way to have the sphere still reflect on the ground but not reflect in the cube or the reflection of the cube. Is there a vray attribute that allows me to tell a shader OR object to ignore tracing reflections/refractions from specific objects in the scene? It would be great to have the vray material wrapper have an "ignore list" where I could select objects and/or shaders and say "add to ignore list". Then I could be really specific about how objects see each other in a scene in regards to raytracing. I realize this gets kind of tricky due to possible reflections refractions and shadows but I remember Lightwave having this kind of ignore list for lights and objects years back when I used to use it.

Thanks for any input.
    Attached Files
    ------
    KC

Unfortunately this cannot be done at the moment; it has been requested many times, so we will implement it (or at least try, it's a tricky issue).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X