animated focal length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animated focal length

Having an issue where using an animated focal length for depth of field (keyframed in the render globals, not the camera) is producing strange results when rendered via standalone.

Basically we are getting intermittent frames where the whole frame is out of focus.

I tried baking the keyframes on every frame but had the same result.

Any ideas?
    B

The animation is not exported, I´m still waiting for a fix on this one!

Paul
    VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

Just rendered a scene and came up with the same problem. DOF is not much use to us Maya guys if you can't pull focus.

Any word on a fix? I just kind of figured I'd turn on the button and it would work.

Stuart
      Last edited by darloman; 11-04-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

A workaround seems to be to use the physical camera. A bit of a pain to convert all the numbers etc, but at least it works.

It would be great if you could just use the standard maya camera though without having to create all those attributes, convert your film back from inches to mm, copy and paste the field of view, etc, etc.

Stuart

Comment

I'd argue that the physical camera works MUCH better, especially when it comes to matching motion blur on anamorphic plates.
          But I see the value in Vray adapting the camera in the default Maya state (especially for quick scenes).
          - Brandon

Comment

is the for the 2.0 beta? build 140300 (which we're using in production) works fine...just finished a job with in camera DOF. (no physical camera just anim camera panel)

A

Comment

Originally posted by darloman View Post
              Just rendered a scene and came up with the same problem.
              Do you have a Maya scene for this?

In general, when not using the physical camera, the focus distance is specified either in the DOF section of the Render Settings dialog, or from the camera aim object if "Get focus distance from camera" is enabled.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X