Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<UDIM> <UVTILE> is used with the relative path will not work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <UDIM> <UVTILE> is used with the relative path will not work.

If <UDIM>/<UVTILE> is used with the relative path (based on Maya project) will not work.

tested Maya 2012 64bits windows 7

[2011/Jun/8|15:17:05] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.00.04 from Apr 28 2011, 02:33:53
    [2011/Jun/8|15:17:05] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01

[2011/Jun/8|15:18:50] V-Ray: Bitmap file "sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.<UDIM>.tif" loaded.
    [2011/Jun/8|15:18:50] V-Ray warning: Bitmap file "sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1029.tif" failed to load: [LoadImageFile] Failed to open file: no such file
    [2011/Jun/8|15:18:50] V-Ray warning: Bitmap file "sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1031.tif" failed to load: [LoadImageFile] Failed to open file: no such file
    [2011/Jun/8|15:18:50] V-Ray warning: Bitmap file "sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1032.tif" failed to load: [LoadImageFile] Failed to open file: no such file

In absolute path, it works fine.

[2011/Jun/8|15:23:05] V-Ray: Bitmap file "D:/testproj/sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.<UDIM>.tif" loaded.
    [2011/Jun/8|15:23:05] V-Ray: Bitmap file "D:/testproj/sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1029.tif" loaded.
    [2011/Jun/8|15:23:07] V-Ray: Bitmap file "D:/testproj/sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1031.tif" loaded.
    [2011/Jun/8|15:23:09] V-Ray: Bitmap file "D:/testproj/sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1032.tif" loaded.

Please check and fix.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Are you sure this is specific to tiled textures? Does it happen with regular ones?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Any textures occur.
      It does not relate to a format.

I tested for the foundry site
      http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/mari/training/
      This DOWNLOAD contents.
      http://thefoundry.s3.amazonaws.com/p...ithObjects.zip
      http://thefoundry.s3.amazonaws.com/p...Textures_1.zip

Step by Step.
      Project folder:C:\testproj\
      Project source images folder: C:\testproj\sourceimages

1:file loader is set to Diffuse Color of VRayMtl.

2:The texture in a project folder (sourceimages/color/blacksmith_color.1001.tif) is opened from a file open dialog.

3:It is set to texture file path of Maya with a relative path.

4:The number of a texture is changed into like blacksmith_color.<UDIM>.tif.

5:hit render. no load texture.

But if absolute path is inputted manually, it will be perfectly loaded after it.

oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

It's still downloading (and will be for the rest of the day it looks like ) so I can't check the scene yet. Works fine for me on a simple test though.

[EDIT] Looks like it works for regular textures, but indeed not when using the <UDIM> flag... looking into it now.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

So this will be fixed for the next night build tomorrow.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Thanks so much!

oakcorp.net
            v-ray.jp

Comment

One request.
              If a <UDIM> <UVTILE> style texture is used, whenever it changes a material parameter, all the textures will be re-loaded and a swatch response will become slow.
              If auto update of swatch is turned OFF, it will solve, but to have improved may be better.

oakcorp.net
              v-ray.jp

Comment

That one will be tricky; for regular textures, V-Ray creates a low-resolution texture version for the swatches in advance (before the swatch is actually rendered). However with tiled textures, V-Ray doesn't know what textures will be needed in advance for the swatch... I guess for the moment it can assume that the first tile only is needed (for UV's between 0 and 1).

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X