Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baking multiple objects

Hello,

I am trying to bake multiple objects in VRAY 2.0 for Maya. I have seen the previous posts that this is not supported but wasn't sure if this was supported now. I have to go from Maya into our realtime sf. I need to be able to consolidate many obj into 1 uv map... Is there a way to do this now?

I am trying to use the script from Bazooka I found on this forum but it doesn't seem to work? It generates errors and no file is created in the temp directory?

Is ther an update to this or does anybody have a good work around or sollution?

Thanks

Also, I'm runnin Maya 2011 on Win 7 64
    Last edited by IDS_SPORTS; 13-07-2011, 08:55 PM. Reason: I edited the script and now it works

I modified the script from bazooka and now it works on Windows 7 64 bit running Maya 2011...

For some reason the original script produced many errors and wouldn't actually bake... The script was appending a long path/file name from the outliner and render layers to the naming of the bake obj..

Here is my mod for anybody that would like it..

change "filename" to what you would like your prefix to be called..

string $objects[] = `ls -sl`;
    setAttr "vraySettings.bakeRender" 1;
    for ($obj in $objects)
    {
    select $obj;
    setAttr -type "string" vraySettings.fileNamePrefix ("filename");
    vrend;
    }
    setAttr -type "string" vraySettings.fileNamePrefix "";
    setAttr "vraySettings.bakeRender" 0;

Comment

There is no problem to bake multiple objects with V-Ray even without a script; take a look here: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya/150R1/baketext.htm

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the link..

I underatnd the basics but no matter what I try, when I select multiple objects and bake, they are all baked but generate their own map. I need to have all the objects I'm baking bake together into 1 map...

Can you please advise on a a way to make this happen.... This is a must for me at the moment...

In mental ray there is an option to selct that says "bake to 1 map" is there no sinmilar setting in Vray?

Comment

Nope, unfortunately for the moment there is no similar option in V-Ray. It is on the "to do" list, but it's not yet implemented - you will have to assemble the final map manually from the individual maps.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X