Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Fur + mapping randomization problem

Hi there,

I have a basic plane with V-Ray fur attached to it. To this plane I have a basic file textured VRayMlt with correct uv mapping.

However instead of getting a result I'd expect to the texture map in the below screenshot, I seem to be getting random fur colours thrown into the white part of the map.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-12-2011 10-25-09 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	873669

V-Ray Fur node is using map1 which is the correct map to the object's uv set.

Are there any fur parameters that could help clean this up? The stripes are slightly visible in the draft render so it's half way there.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

I'll check it out, but in the meantime you can maybe try a 3d placement for the texture.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can't reproduce the effect. Can you send us a stripped-down scene?
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

I hope I haven't done something wrong then, it is a PSD file though.

On closer inspection it seems there is no mapping applied at all to the fur and it is thin and that is why the stripes are visible.

I'm pretty sure mapping is applied and the uv sets are right.

Attached is a scene that is reproducible.
        chaosGroup.ma.zip
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Are you using V-Ray for Maya 1.5 SP1? There was similar bug with fur in this version. If this is the case, you must get a nightly build that is from february or newer. With 2.0 your scene seems to work (although I didn't tested it yet in the full resolution with light cache).

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
            Are you using V-Ray for Maya 1.5 SP1? There was similar bug with fur in this version. If this is the case, you must get a nightly build that is from february or newer. With 2.0 your scene seems to work (although I didn't tested it yet in the full resolution with light cache).
            Hi yes, this is the case. The version should be in the maya ASCII file somewhere but yes it is 1.5SP1.

I guess I could ask since I'm looking to upgrade to 2.0 but probably after Christmas. I heard via these forums that SP2 for V-Ray 2.0 is coming out soon. Will I still be able to upgrade from 1.5SP1?
            Maya 2020/2022
            Win 10x64
            Vray 5

Comment

Hm, it would be best to email us vraymaya@chaosgroup.com - our support guys will be able to give you more precise information.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks guys for helping.
                Maya 2020/2022
                Win 10x64
                Vray 5

Comment

Hi Ivaylo, I upgraded to V-Ray 2.0 finally (yay!). However the problem seems to still exist in the scene. Were you using a nightly build?

Interestingly enough, however, the DR renders that are using the same build render the scene perfectly (although film offset is broken with the DR).

Local Version:
                  [2011/Dec/21|09:36:43] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.00.04 from Apr 28 2011, 02:33:53
                  [2011/Dec/21|09:36:43] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01
                  DR Version:
                  2011/Jul/15|17:51:49] [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] V-Ray Standalone, version 1.5.01 for x86
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] Copyright (C) 2000-2010 Chaos Group Ltd. All rights reserved.
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] Use -credits option for additional third-party copyright notices.
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31]
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] Build from Apr 28 2011, 03:20:42
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] Compiled with Intel C++ compiler, version 11
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] Operating system is Microsoft(tm) Windows(tm), version 6.1, Service Pack 1
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31]
                  [2011/Dec/20|12:23:31] V-Ray core version is 2.00.01
                  You probably have already fixed it already in the nightlies and if this is the case I'm happy to wait until SP1, but just want to make sure the bug is caught.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by snivlem; 20-12-2011, 03:57 PM.
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

Hm... Strange. I'll check the scene again.

Comment

Are you sure you can reproduce the problem with the attached scene (chaosGroup.ma.zip)? Since I had to make some modifications to make it render - set physical camera, detach opacity map. I'm not 100% sure what is going on with your original scene. If you want, you can write to Vlado for access to nightly builds.

Comment

Hi long time since this thread, but I still seem to be experiencing this problem.

With the attached scene the threads are still random. I'm now using this build:

[2012/Apr/5|11:36:19] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.10.01, revision 20265 from Apr 1 2012, 13:59:27
                        [2012/Apr/5|11:36:19] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01

Maya 2012x64.

If I render with DR slaves, they render it correctly, but an internal render inside Maya locally will end up wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-05 2-01-22 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	845219

I'm using the default map1 UV map as well, I really can't seem to find out what's wrong with my setup!
                        Maya 2020/2022
                        Win 10x64
                        Vray 5

Comment

Try to send a scene to our support. Make sure you can reproduce the same problem with it. Since this is not the issue from 2.0, the problem can be just anything, so the exact scene and steps will matter.

Your original scene was rendering completely white for me, so I had to change some stuff. I probably used a physical camera. I think there was some issue with the material too. The carpet had some opacity map attached. Also the scene is impossible to render without a render farm . My point is to make sure the scene you give us reproduce the problem, without changing anything, because if we do, we may accidentally hide the problem.
                          Last edited by ivaylo.ivanov; 06-04-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X