vrmesh vertex color info?? urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi vlado

1st i just want to let u know that bgeo works but there is a small, dont wanna say, bug but few things are missing...

i have a bgeo with (in this moment) 4 channels, but when i convert bgeo->vrmesh i can see only 1 channel (vrmesh index 0), so i had to export 4 bgeo object and convert every single one into vrmesh so i could have all 3 (4th channel is speed, but its missing?)

http://www.multiupload.com/UQ9F27VQU2 <-bgeo mesh

great work btw, hope u can fix this probl too, i mean would be great

Comment

Bazuka, the speed is a single float attribute, currently we export only vector and float3 attributes.
      V-Ray developer

Comment

ok, what about all channels inside vrmesh? the bgeo mesh i uploaded has all 4 channels inside, but like i said ply2vrmesh converter is taking only the 1st channel from bgeo, he does reads all channels but stores only 1

best regards

Comment

OK, This was a bug and it should be fixed in the next nightly build.
          Please test it and report if there are any problems and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

BTW, I've improved the -info command line switch and now it prints information about the uv/color set channels in the vrmesh files.
          This information can be useful, when using the VRayVertexColors texture in Maya.

/Teodor
          V-Ray developer

Comment

thx Teodor, and ur not wasting my time at all

sometimes i think am boring and wasting ur and vlado time

if u think that some of my ideas r stupid or so just let me know, but as u already know my whole pipeline is based on vray and with ideas i have im trying to "improve" vray as much as i can from this side of the view.

cheers and great job as aways

Comment

Hi again,

I've also added support for float1 and float2 attributes. By default the ply2vrmesh tries to
              optimized the memory usage and packs float1 and float2 attributes together in the least
              number of vertex colour channels that is possible. There is a new command line switch
              which disables this optimization.

Best regards,
              Teodor
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Hi guys,

just to let u know that everything works great, thx again for quick response and understanding

cheers

Comment

Working...
                X