Texture keeps switching to swatch in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture keeps switching to swatch in viewport

Anyone else getting this? As I work, detaching, or attaching, or even just deselecting a mesh, its material keeps switching
    to the default swatch,.. usually the top texture checkbox in the UV texture editor.
    Happens with one shader or multiples applied since some of our meshes came from 3dmax. Too bad maya doesn't have material Id's like max.

thx

Hi,

I'm not sure I understood the explanation, but can you provide a scene and the steps needed to reproduce the problem?

/Teodor
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Here's a few images of whats going wrong..Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	844960Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	844961Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	844962

Comment

I think this might be a Autodesk/Maya issue. I agree though, it is an issue.
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Hmm.. It appears to be specific to the vray shader. Vray makes a swatch even without a texture.
          Make a vray shader, apply to an object,..open the unwrap editor, move some uvs's around and you can see it. And now add a texture and
          go to the unwrap editor, its stuck on the swatch and I have to manually go up top in the unwrap editor and switch it to the texture I just applied.

Comment

Does the issue persist if you follow this steps:
            create an object; assign VRayMtl; set bitmap node in the diffuse slot; load an image; open UV editor; select the object.
            Do you still see the default color?
            Best regards,
            Zdravko Keremidchiev
            Technical Support Representative

Comment

Seems to work like that, but I'm detatching, attaching, applying materials etc. I tried a blinn and its kinda doing the same thing. Might be just Maya not knowing which one
              is the diffuse color in the unwrap editor.

Comment

The issue seems to occur if one opens the Texture drop down menu (in the UV Editor window) before assigning the texture. Then the default shader is appearing instead of the applied image.
                I'll make a note about that.
                Best regards,
                Zdravko Keremidchiev
                Technical Support Representative

Comment

Working...
                X