Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious bug : GI animation + object hidden

Hi all,
    I am in production and i have some problems with animated object and GI.

Here an example of my problem :
    I bake my IR map on 10 frames (animation prepass). One sphere is animated, the second is static.
    The GI of the second sphere do not influence the first sphere.
    Render :

Now, i hide the seconde sphere :

What is wrong with the first sphere ?

I have tested with irradiance map in "simple frame", bake, after "from file" mode, and hide the second sphere, it works.
    The bug is with prepass mode/rendering mode.

The scene is here :
    tesGI2.zip

Is it possible to fix this bug quicly please ?

Thanks.
    www.deex.info

Hi,
    We are still testing the scene.
    For now as a workaround you can try to use all options unchecked in "Render Stats" to hide the second sphere for animation render.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      Hi,
      We are still testing the scene.
      For now as a workaround you can try to use all options unchecked in "Render Stats" to hide the second sphere for animation render.
      If i do this, my second sphere will be in "primary visibility" off, so, it will be fully transparent. My scene is to complexe and massive, because i hide some objects exactly to optimize (reduce). If i use the primary visibility, my render time will explose and i will have no utility to hide something.

Thanks.
      www.deex.info

Comment

It looks like the problem is in the static Sphere and it's connection nodes.
        If we replace it with new one with Lambert material, the render is correct.
        We will still looking on it.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks, i hope you will found what is wrong.
          www.deex.info

Comment

If you use the "animation" modes, you can't change the number of objects in the scene, as it would break the stored information in the irradiance map. It will be fixed, but for the moment you can try to set the "Hidden geometry" option in the V-Ray Global Options to "Always" - which will make V-Ray to always translate hidden objects even if they are not rendered.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
              I have a question : if i have the same scene (all same objects), but i change all materials (a lambert for example). Do i will have the same problem ?
              I have baked my GI with materials, and i want to reuse this baked GI on a scene with another material. It will work ?

I think yes, because the stored information in the irradiance map is based on object, and not material, yes ?

Another question : when i have baked my GI, i had hidden objects. So, if i set the "Hidden geometry" to "Always", it will not work (because all objects will be translated). My question is : can i do something "per object" so that Vray can translate my objects (but not render the object) ? And not globally.
              "Skip rendering" attribute do not translate the object (or i am wrong).

Perhaps in post translate python ?
              Last edited by bigbossfr; 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM.
              www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                I have a question : if i have the same scene (all same objects), but i change all materials (a lambert for example). Do i will have the same problem ?
                No.

I have baked my GI with materials, and i want to reuse this baked GI on a scene with another material. It will work ?
                Yes.

Another question : when i have baked my GI, i had hidden objects. So, if i set the "Hidden geometry" to "Always", it will not work (because all objects will be translated).
                They will be translated, but they will not actually render, which is just what you need.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  They will be translated, but they will not actually render, which is just what you need.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  But it will work if :
                  - i have object A, B and C.
                  - i hide object A, and bake my GI
                  - now i want to re-use my GI, but i hide object C
                  It will not work because i must to translate the object C.

I set the "Hidden geometry" to "Always".
                  Vray will translate object A, B, and C.
                  Object A will be translated (but the object A has not to be here), it will work ?

Because you said : "If you use the "animation" modes, you can't change the number of objects in the scene"

Thanks.

Edit : If i set the "visibility" (Node) of new hidden objects in post translate python, it look like it works.
                  Last edited by bigbossfr; 05-09-2012, 09:32 AM.
                  www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
                  X