vrscene not honoring render camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene not honoring render camera

I've hit a snag with rendering a exported vrscene.

I'm exporting vrscenes from maya and then using vray standalone to render on other machines. But the vrscenes seem to be using the 'persp' camera *not* the camera specified in the 'Renderable Camera' section of the 'VRay Common' render settings tab.

I've opened one of these vrscenes in a text editor and can only find the transformation matrix (stored in Hex format), which makes sense but makes it hard to debug. It seems like when the vrscene is written out it's writing out the wrong camera data.

Has anyone seen this before and if so is there a workaround? Could it be a naming issue with the animating camera?

Thanks

The .vrscene is 1:1 what would get rendered in Maya's render view, whether in UI mode or in Maya batch mode. Since the 'Renderable Camera' section is only used in batch mode, I guess this is expected.

You can however run a batch render command that just exports a .vrscene, without doing the actual rendering. In that case, the .vrscene file should contain the correct camera.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

If you click in the viewport and render with the render view, Maya will render, generally, the camera in the viewport.
      But, in you render in batch mode, maya will render the renderable cameras.

So, like Vlado said, you can generate your vrscene in batch mode to be sur.
      www.deex.info

Comment

Great thank you both for the explanation. That makes sense.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but here is a hacky mel script I use if you don't want to use batch mode.
          Code:
          renderWindowRenderCamera render renderView `vraySubmit:setRenderableCamera`;

global proc string vraySubmit:setRenderableCamera(){

string $cameraList[] = `listCameras -p -o`;
          	string $renderCamera;
          	for($camera in $cameraList){
          		int $renderable = `getAttr ($camera + ".renderable")`;
          		if ($renderable){
          			//setAttr vraySettings.batchCamera -type "string" $camera;
          			$renderCamera = $camera;
          			break;
          		}
          	}
          	return $renderCamera;