Vray distributed and maya camera offset error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray distributed and maya camera offset error

The problem occurs when i'm doing a viewport render from within maya: the server renders the offset correct but the slave appears to ignore it. I'm ending up with an image like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	test_dr_viewport.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	877075

When i'm rendering it using muster (should be the same as a command line render i assume) this problem doesn't occur, and it does render distributed.

I'm using maya 2013 sp2 and the latest vray nightly (22623).

Any ideas?

Hi m0dus,

We'd like to ask for more info so we could be of assistance:
    Are you using batch rendering when this occurs?
    Do you have any file references in your scene?
    Have you set any pre-/post-scale/translate camera attributes?

It would also be very helpful if you could get us a scene that we can reproduce this with.

Best regards,
    yolov
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi yolov,

I'm rendering using the viewport render. I've just tested the batch render and that gives the same error as mentioned above. Furthermore i'm using a file reference and didn't set any of the attributes besides the camera offset.

Something else just happened: when using the option to register the renderslave as a service it appears that vray cannot find the textures, when i switch back to the manual start of the renderslave everything is ok again (but this could be something with my network ).

Anyhow, i've stripped my project to a decent size. To whom can i send it?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by m0dus View Post
        Something else just happened: when using the option to register the renderslave as a service it appears that vray cannot find the textures, when i switch back to the manual start of the renderslave everything is ok again (but this could be something with my network ).
        Make sure, the user running the service has the correct rights to access the network shares.

Originally posted by m0dus View Post
        Anyhow, i've stripped my project to a decent size. To whom can i send it?
        vraymaya@choasgroup.com
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Hi again,

We managed to reproduce the issue and it's already added to our to-do list. We'll get back to you as soon as we have it fixed.

Best regards,
          yolov
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X