Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem when using multiplyDivide/remapValue with VRay (bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when using multiplyDivide/remapValue with VRay (bug?)

As part of a larger shading network I'm using a bunch of multiplyDivide nodes piped through remapValue nodes and this seems to break with VRay (tested in stable & nightly builds). Works fine with Maya Software/Mental Ray. I've attached a simple scene.

To test:
    - Open the Hypershade, go to utilities tab and select 'remapValue1', then click 'Input and output connections' to show the whole network.
    - Now try and change the 'inputValue' number on the remapValue node to any number between 0-1 and only the Maya shaders update their thumbnails, while the VRay shaders don't.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
    Dan

vray_multiplyDivideRemapIssue.zip

inputMin/Max and outputMin/Max can't be mapped currently. I will add a note to implement this.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

This doesn't seem strictly true. If I use a multDoubleLinear in place of the multiplyDivide nodes, I'll get "Unsupported texture kMultDoubleLinear"-warnings every time I render, but it will affect the remapValue node like expected?

Comment

Since the texture is not supported, we probably use directly the simple value that Maya calculates automatically. It probably makes more sense if the vray parameter is not mappable, to use this value, not fail totally. However this number will be right only if it doesn't depend on other textures.
        V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Ah ok, that's good to know. It would be nice though, if VRay could also output a warning when connecting something to an unsupported plug in a node (just like it does, when using an unsupported node). It's hard to debug a large shading network when there might be 'dead' plugs in nodes otherwise supported.

Comment

Working...
          X