Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering In Batch Mode Not Disabled

Hello,
    I am noticing if a VRay maya job is launched to our farm (through Qube) with the "Use distributed rendering" checkbox turned on, the farm machines try to distribute the frames out to each other, and naughtiness ensues. Can I please request that an update be added which tells VRay to ignore the "Use distributed rendering" checkbox when running in batch mode? I can't think of a situation where this would be desirable, but if someone feels it would, maybe at least an additional checkbox that goes with the "Use distributed rendering" one that is on by default and states "Ignore distributed rendering in batch mode". Thanks!

This is intentional; f.e. the 3ds Max guys use this all the time. There are some jobs (e.g. large resolution rendering, and by large I mean 10k by 10k) where the ability to do DR in batch mode is very useful.

I'll make a note to add an option to disable DR for batch mode though (and then, people complain that they get dizzy by all the options )

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      (and then, people complain that they get dizzy by all the options )
      Yes...maybe all those "nice to have" options should be hidden somewhere inside the global options tab....
      OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Comment

same here, option disable DR for batch mode, that would be great.

Bes regards,
        Rasto

Comment

It would be possible to do distributed switch in render.exe ?

Example: render.exe -r vray -distributed 0 blabla...

same like with vray.exe and maybe do more parameters, for example renderhost too.

Comment

Originally posted by raxto View Post
            It would be possible to do distributed switch in render.exe ?

Example: render.exe -r vray -distributed 0 blabla...

same like with vray.exe and maybe do more parameters, for example renderhost too.
            You already have DR parameters with VRay standalone.
            www.deex.info

Comment

yes, standalone have this attributes , but i am not talking about standalone,
              because i want to disable distributed rendering when using renderfarm.

Comment

We already added an option to disable DR for batch render, so I don't know if we need a further command-line option... Any other custom settings can be set through a pre-render MEL script on the command line.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X