Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Render Elements window problem

Hi,

OK all of a sudden the window for the render elements has stopped displaying correctly... (please see image) is there a way to reset this ?

I've restarted maya , the computer , re-installed vray but no luck , the problem is specific to a particular scene so I have exported all to a new scene but was wondering if there was a way to fix this....

in the Script editor has a message :- // Error: No object matches name: VRayRenderElementSet1.enabled //

any ideas whats going on here ?

thanks in advance
    ignuf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ignuf; 21-02-2013, 04:34 AM.

Which version of V-Ray / Maya does this happen with? Is it possible to provide us with the scene that is causing the problem?

Best regards,
    yolov
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I don't know if it is the same problem but, for example, if i create a renderLayer, add an override to the render engine, and i switch between renderLayer with render global opened, sometime the render global of VRay is broken.
      www.deex.info

Comment

sounds like something I could've done.. ill check to see if I can re-create, thanks bigbossfr

Comment

hi Yolov, I'm using Maya 2013 and the output window is printing this :-

[2013/Feb/21|21:17:34] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.30.01 from May 11 2012, 01:51:11
          [2013/Feb/21|21:17:34] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01

i'll see if I can simplify the scene and send on.

regards
          Guy

Comment

Originally posted by ignuf View Post
            hi Yolov, I'm using Maya 2013 and the output window is printing this :-

[2013/Feb/21|21:17:34] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.30.01 from May 11 2012, 01:51:11
            [2013/Feb/21|21:17:34] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01

i'll see if I can simplify the scene and send on.

regards
            Guy
            This is a old VRay, the official build.
            If you can try with a stable build, it will be great.
            www.deex.info

Comment

Was the scene last saved wih the same versions of V-Ray and Maya? I'll have to check wih the 2.30, I remember coming across something similar with a scene from a very old official build and then opening it with a newer one. I'll get back to you when I double check this.

Best regards,
              yolov
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi bigbossfr,

that's the latest version that I have available to me at the moment, what is the latest stable version at the moment ?

Comment

Originally posted by ignuf View Post
                  Hi bigbossfr,

that's the latest version that I have available to me at the moment, what is the latest stable version at the moment ?
                  You can email our support@chaosgroup.com to get access to those.

/yolov
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Yolov, that be great, i did ask a little while ago to subscribe to the nightly builds but for some reason didn't manage to get access. I'll try again and hope for the best.

regards
                    ignuf

Comment

Working...
                    X