Rendering Yeti Fur !?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Yeti Fur !?!?

Hi does anyone run yeti? I have a rial version from peregrine labs but i cant for the life of me get it to work with vray?

i think its an environment variables issue. Basically i can run the plug in but cant get the fur to render it doesn't show.
    i have contacted yeti support but they were very unhelpful. as you can see from the below email.

can anyone help with the install ? the latest error is in the email. im running vray Build 2.45.......

Thanks James

Hi James,

That looks like it's a VRay issue.

Thank you

-- Peregrine Labs Support support@peregrinelabs.com -----Original Message----- From: "James Aston" <james@deliciousedit.co.uk> Reply-To: "James Aston" <james@deliciousedit.co.uk> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:47:29 +0000 To: "support@peregrinelabs.com" <support@peregrinelabs.com> Subject: Re: (Case 1770) Yeti Trial Request
    > can someone please assist on the following maya error?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > james
    >
    > // Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program
    > Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/vray/plug-ins/vrayformaya.mll
    > Invalid access to memory location.
    > //
    > // Error: line 1: Invalid access to memory location.
    > //
    > // Error: line 1: Invalid access to memory location.
    > (vrayformaya) //
    > select -cl ;

It looks like V-Ray itself is not installed properly.

Make sure that the environment variables VRAY_FOR_MAYA2013_MAIN_x64 and VRAY_FOR_MAYA2013_PLUGINS_x64 are correctly set (the first normally to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013/vray" without the quotes and second normally to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013/vray/vrayplugins" with the path to vray_pgYetiVRay.dll appended).

If you just installed V-Ray, it might be useful to log out and log in again; sometimes Windows doesn't immediately pick up the change to the environment variables made by the installer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

As Vlado pointed out, you should double check your vray installation. How did you install vray? do you have a correct vray for maya version?
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
      X