Maya crash with latest Nightly 2.4408

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya crash with latest Nightly 2.4408

Just installed the latest nightly (20140411) and now Maya 2014 (x64) crashed each time I load a scene or enable the plugin.

Any hints?

Thanks,
    Lars

Are you sure your new version is installed correctly?
    What OS are you running?
    Have you logged out and the logged in?
    Are the any errors in the output window or console?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

It was reported that VRay for Maya crashes without a license, I'm trying to reproduce it here.
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

You are right Ivaylo: Seems that V-Ray can't get a license.

Strange, the dongle is attached and had worked fine with 2.4 stable. Do we need to update the dongle?

Comment

Originally posted by seq View Post
          You are right Ivaylo: Seems that V-Ray can't get a license. Strange, the dongle is attached and had worked fine with 2.4 stable. Do we need to update the dongle?
          If you are still running the 2.x build, then no you don't need a new license, just make sure that the license server is actually running. If you installed the 3.0 beta, then yes you will need a new license - email our support guys to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com for more info.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the "near realtime" support, guys! After launching the license server manually, V-Ray is back again. Now, just need to find out why the license server is not running as a service after a reboot.

Comment

Please let us know what is your OS.
              After reboot having the dongle plugged in , please check the status of the V-Ray license server service and let us know.

Thank you.
              Best regards,
              Tanya Metodieva
              Technical Support Representative

Comment

OS is Windows 7 Prof SP1.

The machine is rendering at the moment. So you get the info for the license server later the day.

Comment

Sorry for this late reply.

After rebooting the license server worked fine again. So the strange behavior was that Maya crashed when VRay did not find a license.

Comment

Originally posted by seq View Post
                    After rebooting the license server worked fine again. So the strange behavior was that Maya crashed when VRay did not find a license.
                    It's a bug that we had; it has been fixed since then.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. I had no doubt that the bug is fixed before I wrote my second message

Although I wrote it several times before, your support is the best of all the software company we have to deal with!

Comment

Working...
                      X