Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environment fog not showing up in Deep EXR renders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment fog not showing up in Deep EXR renders?

I can see my fog pass fine in the viewport and in regular EXR renders, but the frame is completely black when I render Deep and view the frame in nuke, even with the atmosphere render element turned on.
    Last edited by X14Halo; 15-04-2014, 11:39 AM.
    Lead 3D Artist - A52/Elastic

www.ianruhfass.com

We haven't added the deep option support to the environment fog yet; we have it for 3ds Max though, so it should not be a problem to port this for Maya as well.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We are just starting a job using deep which delivers in a few weeks. Would it be at all possible to implement this into one of the upcoming nightly builds?
      Last edited by X14Halo; 15-04-2014, 12:13 PM.
      Lead 3D Artist - A52/Elastic

www.ianruhfass.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        We haven't added the deep option support to the environment fog yet; we have it for 3ds Max though, so it should not be a problem to port this for Maya as well.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Trying the max version right now, and its really slow... Are there any tricks to speed it up?
        Richard Blank
        www.haymakerfx.com

Comment

When you turn on the deep output, the environment fog switches to raymarching and in that case you can adjust the speed by using the "step size" parameter. I'm working to make this a bit more automatic and faster.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, thanks Vlado!
            Richard Blank
            www.haymakerfx.com

Comment

Working...
            X