Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Rectangle Lights and Geo

Hi,
    Ive created an interior scene with one window. I used a regular Maya spotlight (acting as sunlight) to cast the windows shadows onto the subject i am lighting. The spotlight creates nice light break coming from the window.

(Example: I can see the window pane shadows on the floor and interacting with the subject)

Problem: I wanted to try and use a Vray Rectangular light instead of a regular spotlight. When I do...I lose all of the windows shadows on the floor and subject. Why does the geo (window) not affect the vray rectangular light?

Hello,

It should work correctly. My guess is to check the scale of your VRay RectLight - the bigger it is - the softer the shadows would appear.If my guess is correct - just moving the VRay light away from the window should solve the problem.Another option is to use the directional parameter for the Rect Light which will make the shadows crisper. If the above doesn't help, please attach a sample scene so we can figure it out.

Best regards,
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Adjust the Directional parameter close to one and you will get similar result.
      You can also use V-Ray Sun to get nice shadows from the outside environment.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for the quick responses. I will check the directional parameter.

Comment

Working...
        X