Maya Vray distributed rendering doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya Vray distributed rendering doesn't work

Hi, I'm trying to render an image from Maya frame buffer or Vray frame buffer (Maya 2012 and Vray 3). I added a server on the DR settings (ip is OK, port is set to 20207, it's enable) but when I render it, the slave loads the scene but stop on "Prepass 1 of 1 ... done [00h00m00s]" and nothing happens...
    I tried to add an evironment variable VRAY_FOR_MAYA2012_DRPORT / 20207 on both PC, but still nothing after Prepass 1 of 1.

Any ideas ?

Let's first find out whether the issue is scene dependent or not.
    Please create a completely new scene with a few basic primitives and a light, avoid using any pre-made geometries/textures and etc.
    Then render the scene and send us the vray-log file from workstation and slave machine and maya-output-log.

On a different node - is Use Local Host enabled from DR settings?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thank you, I just send a mail to support@chaosgroup.com with log files.

Comment

The problem is that you are trying to render fractional frame number which is not supported in DR. We will add a warning about this, and maybe in case of disabled local rendering, VRay should directly fail to render.
        V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Okay thanks ! Didn't see, Maya set the render frame to 1.04 in the time line, I change it to frame 1.00 and now DR works great... Thank you again for your response !

Comment

THANK YOU!

This was a problem i have been fighting for MONTHS since the Beta. PLEASE do add that wording somewhere.
            Last edited by ryanduff; 15-01-2015, 01:53 AM.

Comment

...Thanks DR works now!
              Best regards
              Jacob Hansen
              Laerdal Copenhagen

Comment

Working...
              X